Watching many well-known cooking shows, you’ll see that most of the hosts utilizes a Kitchenaid stand mixer. There is a good reason for that, it is the best!
If you also wish to have one in your kitchen, below are the 6 best Kitchenaid stain mixers that we’ve compiled from the market:
Here are the best kitchenaid stand mixers you can buy in 2021:
- Best Overall: KitchenAid KSM150PSER
- Best For Small Batches: KitchenAid KSM3316XCA
- The Most Quiet: KitchenAid KSM75SL
- Best For Kneading Bread: KitchenAid KP26M1XWH
- Best Design: KitchenAid KSM180QHSD
- Best For Bigger Batches: KitchenAid KSM7586PSR
|Top 6 Best Kitchenaid Stand Mixers|
|KitchenAid KSM150PSER||Read Our Review|
Best For Small Batches
|KitchenAid KSM3316XCA||Read Our Review|
The Most Quiet
|KitchenAid KSM75SL||Read Our Review|
Best For Kneading Bread
|KitchenAid KP26M1XWH||Read Our Review|
|KitchenAid KSM180QHSD||Read Our Review|
Best For Bigger Batches
|KitchenAid KSM7586PSR||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: KitchenAid KSM150PSER
- Easy access – a tilt-head design
- Deliver thorough ingredient incorporation – 59-point planetary mixing action
- Multi-functional, flexible, and versatile – 15 optional accessories & 10-speed modes
- Made a lot noise at low settings
The KitchenAid KSM150PSER really lives up to the hype.
Featuring 59-point planetary mixing action, a 325W motor, and 10-speed settings, it is a versatile stand mixer than can whip cream, knead bread dough, and stir wet and dry ingredients together. It cuts through all ingredients, whether hard or soft, for well-mixed ingredient incorporation.
For souped-up versatility, KitchenAid also provides this mixture with over 15 accessories that you can easily turn it into a cutlery center.
We do appreciate the tilt-head design for easy access or attaching accessory.
Finally, the 5-quart bowl allows you to add huge quantities of bread loaves or cookies in a single batch.
|KitchenAid KSM150PSER Specifications|
No of Speeds
The tilt-head design
59-Point Planetary Mixing Action
More than 15 optional attachments available
10-speed slide control
In all cooking tasks, whipping cream, kneading bread dough or stirring ingredients, this stand mixer ensures the best results, making it the best overall model out of a bunch.
Best For Small Batches: KitchenAid KSM3316XCA
- Compact and lightweight – weigh 16 pounds and measured by 12.3 x 7.8 x 12.3 inches
- Versatile & powerful – 10-speed modes & 10 accessories
- Easy to fit most kitchen decors – 9 color options
- No attachment for adding liquids and solids to the bowl when running
- A bit noisy
If you’re living alone or a small family of 2-3 people, a mini stand mixer like KitchenAid KSM3316XCA is more reasonable.
This model features a 250W motor (still powerful), a 3.5-quart bowl capacity, 10-speed settings, and 10 accessories. It inherits almost the strengths of the previous big brothers, such as the tilt-head design and multiple color options.
We like the soft-start construction of this model. It makes stirring light ingredients or liquid mixture no splash or goes flying throughout the kitchen, keeping your cooking less messy. With a more compact design, it is easy to fit on narrower countertop as well as inside kitchen drawer for storage.
|KitchenAid KSM3316XCA Specifications|
No of Speeds
10 optimized speeds
10 available attachments
For those who really don’t need a big Kitchenaid stand mixer for rare use as just one or two persons, plus no need for the big footprint either, the KSM3316XCA is your best bet.
The Most Quiet: KitchenAid KSM75SL
- Quiet enough to have a normal conversation when standing next to it
- User-friendly – smooth shifting, easy to clean, and various accessories
- Bowls have no handle
If you don’t make a heavy dough, the power of this stand mixer is just what you need.
It is operated at 275 watts with 10 optimized speed settings and you can start at the lowest mode for splash prevention then increase to the higher ones as wanted. This machine is smooth shifting, easy to clean, and particularly quiet.
You can have a normal conversation with someone standing next to it.
Though designed as a mini mixer, the unit is very powerful. It also has a 4.5-quart mixing bowl for most household baking projects.
|KitchenAid KSM75SL Specifications|
No of Speeds
10 optimized speeds
4.5-quart stainless steel bowl
Love baking but can’t stand the frustrating noise of a stand mixer while it is running? Look no further!
Best For Kneading Bread: KitchenAid KP26M1XWH
- Extra convenience – auto-shutoff function 7 electric speed sensor
- Handle various household baking chores – a 6-quart mixing bowl, 10-speed settings, and 10 accessories
- Easy to knead a large batch with no burning odors – a 575W motor
- Run noisily
- The paddle and dough hook aren’t dishwasher-safe
Specifically designed for dense, heavy bread doughs, the KitchenAid KP26M1XWH highlights a 575W motor, a 6-wire whisk, burnished metal beaters, and powerful dough hook to power through the toughest doughs thrown at it.
The dough hook is our most satisfying feature as we didn’t have to scrape the sides at all and it reduces kneading times significantly.
With a large batch, the unit can finish within 15 minutes running on speed #2 and giving you a well consistent dough with no burning odors or auto-shutoff or strain.
It also has 10 different speeds and a six-quart mixing bowl to handle 13 cups of flour at a time with no problem. The bowl, tools, and accessories are all top-notch.
For kneading dough, you can’t beat it.
|KitchenAid KP26M1XWH Specifications|
No of Speeds
Electronic speed sensor
6-quart stainless-steel mixing bowl
If kneading dough is your primary use, we highly recommend the KitchenAid KP26M1XWH to take the work out of kneading or other heavy-duty mixing.
Best Design: KitchenAid KSM180QHSD
- Sleek and stylish – feature a passion red color, a custom chrome power hub, and sleek chrome accents
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in the shortest amount of time – 59 touchpoints around the bowl
- Multifunctional and versatile – 14 accessories, 10-speed options, and a 5-quart bowl
- Not various in color options
- Bulky and heavy
While working like a charm, the red color of this KitchenAid KSM180QHSD looks so nice.
This product line is specifically designed for the 100th year anniversary of Kitchenaid and the passion red color was inspired from hundreds miniature red hearts representing for undescribed sincere and love to customers.
Aside from the appealing red tone, the machine features a custom chrome power hub that can pair with over 15 accessories and sleek chrome accents, making it the best design out of a bunch.
Regardless, it is as functional and versatile as other big-sized Kitchenaid mixers.
|KitchenAid KSM180QHSD Specifications|
No of Speeds
59 Touchpoints around the bowl
Over 14 different attachments
5-quart stainless steel bowl
Sleek chrome accents and a custom chrome power hub
If the style and looking are also parts of your must-have list when it comes to choosing a stand mixer, this Kitchenaid version is well worth a try.
Best For Bigger Batches: KitchenAid KSM7586PSR
- Better mixing results – professional bowl-lift design
- Fit 16 cups of flour – feature a 7-quart bowl capacity
- Have no tilt-up feature
- Run a bit slowly
As designed with a 16-cup mixing bowl, the KitchenAid KSM7586PSR easily brings home our top pick for bigger batches.
To handle larger quantities of dough, the unit also features a 500W motor, ultra-durable wire whip, flat beater, and spiral dough hook. Using this mixer, we find that bread, cookie doughs, and mashed potatoes come out so much better.
Compared to other stand mixers we’ve tried, the motor of this model is very quiet, the build quality is just as good as other previous KitchenAid machines, and after doing multiple tasks, it doesn’t get warm.
Really, it is a monster.
|KitchenAid KSM7586PSR Specifications|
No of Speeds
Professional bowl-lift design
16-Cup Flour Power Capacity
With ultra-powerful motor and durable accessories, the KitchenAid KSM7586PSR makes short work of all mixing needs, including kneading bigger batches.
How To Choose The Best Kitchenaid Stand Mixers?
Sizes Of Mixing Bowl & Motor Power
- These two elements have a close connection to the number of flour cups and the batch size.
- Following this basic rule of thumb: The smaller the batch size and the fewer flour cups, the smaller the mixing bowl size. The motor power, therefore, should be lower.
- To help you get a better idea of which is the right for your needs, take a look at this table:
Number of Flour Cups
-Small families of 1-3 people
-People who bake occasionally
-Standard size batches of 8 dozen cookies
-Big families of 5-8 people
-13 dozen cookies
-8.5 standard loaves of bread dough
-People who like making large quantities of cookies
-People who are serious about home baking
-14 dozen cookies
- While being an excellent performer, KitchenAid stand mixers (except the Classic Series) come in a wide range of color options for you to choose from.
- This is a preference issue but will be an important accent in your kitchen countertop. Before making any decision, ensure your go-to color matches with the main décor of this space.
Why Is Kitchenaid Reliable?
- KitchenAid is an American home appliance brand founded in 1919 with over 100 years’ expertise in the industry. Stand mixers were their first product line, formulated by Herbert Johnston, and were ordered by the U.S. Navy for two new Tennessee-class battleships, California and Tennessee.
- Nowadays, KitchenAid stand mixers are widely used in many popular cooking shows.
- What set their products apart are the leading innovations, creativity combining with practicality, and appealing design.
- Besides, the services are optimized by the brand to ensure the highest satisfaction for their customers. Combining all of the above, Kitchenaid is truly a reliable brand that you can count on.
What is the difference between the KitchenAid stand mixers?
There are several differences between different Kitchenaid stand mixers:
- Sizes of mixing bowls
- Motor power/wattage
- Number of accessories
What is the best stand mixer for home use?
From our testing, here are the 6 best stand mixer for home use:
- KitchenAid KSM150PSER
- KitchenAid KSM3316XCA
- KitchenAid KSM75SL
- KitchenAid KP26M1XWH
- KitchenAid KSM180QHSD
- KitchenAid KSM7586PSR
They’re the top pick in a specific metric or another. To learn more, please read the reviews we’ve written above.
Is the KitchenAid mixer worth it?
Yes, it is. The reasons are KitchenAid is a long-standing brand specializing in kitchen appliances (founded in 1919). They provide a wide range of sizes, power options, and designs to fit most to your needs, plus, their products have attractive design.
How long do KitchenAid stand mixers last?
What's the difference between KitchenAid classic and artisan?
Load capacity and performance.
The artisan features a full 5-quart mixing bowl while the classic is just 4.5-quart, meaning that the artisan comes in a larger loading capacity for higher versatility.
After all, it’s always more peace in mind when investing in something from reliable brands and in the world of mixers, Kitchenaid is like an OG. We hope this review helps you determine which is the best Kitchenaid stand mixer to keep you happy while cooking,