Ask yourself these questions first before considering the best indoor smokeless electric grill:
- Does it offer removable cooking attachments like grates and plates?
- How to power it – batteries or an outlet?
- What kind of temperature gauge does it feature?
The following guide will give you more detail information, all provided by our top experts, so if you want to learn more, keep reading!
Here are the best indoor smokeless electric grills you can buy in 2023:
- Best Overall: Charles Oakley Hot Shot Smokeless Grill
- Best For Bigger Families: Techwood Electric BBQ Grill 15-Serving
- Best For 4 To 6 People: Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill 25361
- Best For Burgers: DEIK Panini Press, 6-in-1 Smokeless Indoor Grill
- Best For 8 People: Simple Living Advanced Indoor Smokeless BBQ Grill
- Best For Salmon: ChefWave Smokeless Indoor Electric Grill
|6 Best Indoor Smokeless Electric Grills|
|Charles Oakley Hot Shot Smokeless Grill||Read Our Review|
Best For Bigger Families
|Techwood Electric BBQ Grill 15-Serving||Read Our Review|
Best For 4 To 6 People
|Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill 25361||Read Our Review|
Best For Burgers
|DEIK Panini Press, 6-in-1 Smokeless Indoor Grill||Read Our Review|
Best For 8 People
|Simple Living Advanced Indoor Smokeless BBQ Grill||Read Our Review|
Best For Salmon
|ChefWave Smokeless Indoor Electric Grill||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Charles Oakley Hot Shot Smokeless Grill
- High cooking efficiency improvement
- Ensure the quality
- There’s no in-between 350 and 425. Instead, it goes with one touch.
The Hot Shot is a classic for good reason.
It is manufactured by one of the world’s leading brands whose founder is the legendary American former professional basketball player – Charles Oakley.
Regardless, it highlights a state-of-art smoke-capture fan and advanced airflow technology that’s backed by 1200W of power. As a result, not only does it improve cooking efficiency, hot smoke is virtually reduced.
Thanks to the compact design, Hot Shot fits nearly most kitchen countertops without compromising its cooking surface to hence allow for cooking with less mess.
|Charles Oakley Hot Shot Smokeless Grill Specifications|
21 x 15 x 9 inches
13.75" X 8"
Compact and Portable Grill Design
1200W of power
LED smart temperature control
From burgers, pork BBQ to ribs or grilled steaks, the Hot Shot – with its great power and large cooking surface – produces great results.
Best For Bigger Families: Techwood Electric BBQ Grill 15-Serving
- High heat dissipation and juicy steaks
- Full of control
- Wish the instructions were better
- Cleaning should be improved
The Techwood Electric gives you 240 square inches of cooking area, which is similar to 15 servings for big families or large groups of people.
The best thing about this indoor smokeless grill is the interlocking hood and bowl. This unique design allows you to benefit from faster cycling heating, therefore, your food will be grilled evenly with better flavors. The cooking time is also shortened significantly.
If you’re a fan of grill steak, this is an excellent candidate. Its effective venting system keeps steak really juicy and tender while the temperature is easily adjusted to the right amount of heat.
|Techwood Electric BBQ Grill 15-Serving Specifications|
17.9 x 11 x 14.8 inches
240 square inches
18-inch Tabletop Grill
Whether it’s a crowd, a large group of friends, or big family gathering, the Techwood Electric BBQ Grill won’t make you disappointed.
Best For 4 To 6 People: Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill 25361
- Easy to clean
- No guesswork when cooking
- The window can’t be removed
- Short power cord
For families of four to six members, we highly suggest this Hamilton indoor grill.
It features a cooking surface of 118 square inches, which is enough for 6 servings at a time, and it’s quite multiple. Aside from steaks, burgers, and BBQ recipes, this little beast can grill keto and paleo diets, fish, fruit, veggies, chicken, and pizza. All are given juicy and tasty flavors.
We appreciate the added power and preheat lights as they help eliminate guesswork. There is also a window in the lid to let you track food cook while keeping heat inside.
|Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill 25361 Specifications|
12.4 inches L x 16.7 inches W x 6.8 inches H
12 inches wide x 9 inches deep
118 square inches
Removable Easy-to-Clean Nonstick Plate
Extra-Large Drip Tray
We bet your mom/wife would go crazy for this surprising birthday present because it not just grills food super-fast for a family of 4-6 persons but also helps her with the cleaning tasks.
Best For Burgers: DEIK Panini Press, 6-in-1 Smokeless Indoor Grill
- Give nicely grilled marks
- No babysitting
- Ensure the quality
- No digital display for the temperature
- If the timers shut off, so does the grill
- No audible alarm when it shuts off
Providing 11” x 9” of cooking area, this DEIK grill is spacious enough for 4 burgers at a time. It highlights four 180-degree flattened plates to leave nicely grilled marks on your food with an easy replacement while cooking.
If you’re busy preparing other recipes and afraid of burning your food by accidents, take advantage of the provided time knob which allows you to set the cooking time between 5 and 30 minutes.
The best thing is this model works as a half grill, full grill, contact grill, and panini press, meaning that aside from burgers, it can cook vegetables, steaks, grilled meat, sandwiches, waffles, paninis, and more.
Add its FDA and ETL certification in addition to a 2-year warranty and lifetime service, the DEIK Panini Press, 6-in-1 Smokeless Indoor Grill is the best value going.
|DEIK Panini Press, 6-in-1 Smokeless Indoor Grill Specifications|
13.8 x 5.1 x 13.8 inches
11 x 9 inches
Meet FDA and ETL certification
A 180-degree flattened plate
For those who are a fan of burgers, look no further.
Best For 8 People: Simple Living Advanced Indoor Smokeless BBQ Grill
- Give better-flavored foods
- Simple design yet high efficiency
- The manuals are unclear
The Simple Living Advanced Indoor Smokeless BBQ Grill is another shining contender for anyone who doesn’t have an opportunity to enjoy outdoor grilling BBQ parties.
In our tests, it outperformed the other grills in heat consistency throughout the entire cooking process although the design has no lid or extraction fan. It produces beautiful meals, from fish, kababs, ribs, vegetables, burgers, to grilled steaks.
The model is compact yet roomy enough to serve for 6-8 persons, making it ideal for a simple spread for a party or cook an entire elaborate meal for a big family.
|Simple Living Advanced Indoor Smokeless BBQ Grill Specifications|
19.7 x 7.5 x 15.7 inches
Cooking Surface Dimension: 14x8"
A great indoor grill for 6-8 persons to gather together with an emphasis on advanced infrared technology and heat consistency.
Best For Salmon: ChefWave Smokeless Indoor Electric Grill
- Full of control
- Large capacity
- Functional and convenient
- A bit hard to clean
- No griddle plate
Out of 6 indoor grills, we find the ChefWave Sōsaku 5 in 1 is the best for salmon.
Its smokeless infrared technology outperforms the competition at both low-and-glow grilling and high-heat searing, with the fewest smoke generated.
This new technology requires no lid or extraction fan, just like the Simple Living above to hence meet the ETL certification.
Although it’s pricey compared to other counterparts, the price has included a kebab set with 2 round plates and 7 skewers, and a rotisserie spits with 2 forks regardless of the drip tray, grill rack, fries cage, and fish basket. So for the price, it bangs for bucks.
|ChefWave Smokeless Indoor Electric Grill Specifications|
18.9” x 14.2” x 7.9”
9” x 13”
Can roast a whole chicken up to 6 pounds
Highlighting superior performance and versatility, the ChefWave Smokeless Grill easily beats other models that don’t have the rotisserie option, making it ideal for salmon.
How To Choose The Best Indoor Smokeless Electric Grills?
Types Of Smokeless Grills
- Closed tabletop, stovetop, and open tabletop grill are currently the three main types of smokeless grills in the market.
- To know which is the right one for you, this comparison table will give you a hand:
Act as a hot cooking plate functioning through a direct-to wall outlet
Fit nicely on the top of a counter or table
Feature knobs or buttons to adjust the temperature
Have a lid
To cook, it must be used on top of a kitchen stove because the grill can’t generate heat on its own
Its temperature is controlled by knobs on the stove
Share the same construction with the closed tabletop smokeless grill, except for a lid
Prevent spill and splatter effectively
Cooking is much quicker
Use a smaller cooking area and be cooking-efficient
Give you full control of almost everything
Deliver more cooking space
Not suited for thick and big food
No grip cup to catch grease
Prone to splatter and spill because it doesn’t have a lid
- This feature is determined by what you’ll be grilling and the number of people it’s going to serve.
- For instance, a handful of asparagus would take less space than a rack of ribs.
- Most indoor smokeless electric grills will give you (at least) 4 servings while some larger units can offer up to 14 servings, which is great for a big family or a crowd.
- If you usually grill a variety of big food items, consider whether they require different temperatures. If so, pick a large-sized grill with dual-surface controls so that you can cook multiple stuff at a time to serve more.
- Look for an indoor smokeless electric grill that features (at least) these two safety features:
- Non-slip feet to keep the grill stay secure on the countertop when you’re trying to flip food or start getting into things, which saves you from countless risks
- Indicator light to alert that the grill has reached the desired temperature so that you will know it’s extremely hot to not touch or when to start grilling.
Which Brands Make The Best Indoor Smokeless Electric Grills?
Hot Shot Smokeless Grill
- Lots of royalties of Hot Shot are also a fan of Basketball legend Charles Oakley, also founder of this brand. Designed for effortless grilling, their products focus on functions and safety, with extremely high quality.
- This global America-based brand of home appliances has been into the market for over 100 years. It is famed by not just quality or safety but also performances and innovations.
Simple Living Products
- The brand was founded with a goal of providing its customers with less complex manner products to let them enjoy their life more, at a rock bottom price range.
Can you use an electric grill indoors?
As long as it is smokeless, you can use an electric grill indoors.
How does an indoor smokeless electric grill work?
Each indoor smokeless electric grill features a specific smoke extracting technology to help eliminate the smoke, odors, fat and grease.
When grilling, the smoke extractor technology will be activated to pull smoke down through the vent into the unit so it can’t escape into the air.
How do you clean the power of a smokeless electric grill?
Most smokeless electric grills feature dishwasher-safe components without requiring pre-scrubbing so all you have to do is putting its glass lid, water tray, drip tray, and griddle plate in your dishwasher.
If you don’t have one, wash it with a few drops of mild cleaning liquid and a warm, damp cloth.
What temperature do you cook steak on a smokeless grill?
300 degrees F
Is the power smokeless grill really smokeless?
Yes, it is.
As it is designed for indoor use, smokeless grills are assured to generate no smoke at all.
Indoor grilling is always enjoyable as long as you have the right tools.
Hopefully, this ultimate guide has helped you find out the best indoor smokeless electric grill that can help you enjoy the best smoked tastes of different food items.
Thanks for reading!