While providing the 7 best hand mixers for cookie dough, our buying guide will key you in to the most vital terminology and background information needed to make the right informed decision.
Plus, we also give you some reliable brand names as well as FAQs to learn more about this kitchen appliance. Let’s get started!
Here are the best hand mixers for cookie dough you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: Hamilton Beach 62633R
- Best For Cold Butter Sticks: KitchenAid KHM512BY
- Best For Thick Cookie Dough: Oster FPSTHMBGB-S
- Durable: Cuisinart HM-90BCS
- Quiet: Breville BHM800SILUSC BHM800SIL
- Powerful: Braun HM5100
- Versatile: KRUPS GN492851
|Top 7 Best Hand Mixers For Cookie Dough|
|Hamilton Beach 62633R||Read Our Review|
Best For Cold Butter Sticks
|KitchenAid KHM512BY||Read Our Review|
Best For Thick Cookie Dough
|Oster FPSTHMBGB-S||Read Our Review|
|Cuisinart HM-90BCS||Read Our Review|
|Breville BHM800SILUSC BHM800SIL||Read Our Review|
|Braun HM5100||Read Our Review|
|KRUPS GN492851||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Hamilton Beach 62633R
- Extra convenience – self-storage container, dough hooks, and utensil holder
- Handle thickness well – high wattage level
- Great balance – can stand by itself
- Not ideal for large loads
- No quick release
If you finally decide to replace your old mixer and looking for a new better one, we highly recommend the Hamilton Beach 62633R.
It has a classic-styled beater that runs at a higher wattage level. This is an important feature to consider if you want something that can handle thicker loads without burning out.
Regardless, the hand mixer features a self-storage container for beaters and cords, dough hooks, and utensil holder that can hold all the tools so you will not misplace your pieces or hunt through the kitchen drawer.
We love that it can stand by itself so that you can stop and add ingredients with ease.
|Hamilton Beach 62633R Specifications|
10.3 x 5 x 9.1 inches
No of Speed
High wattage level
For the quality, performance, and price, the Hamilton Beach 62633R is our Best Overall Hand Mixer for Cookie Dough.
Best For Cold Butter Sticks: KitchenAid KHM512BY
- Fast and easy to remove the accessories – minimal construction
- Handle easily heavy ingredients, like cold butter sticks – powerful motor and 5-speed settings
- Wish it was made from metal
- Don’t have true high settings, not for thick cookie dough
The KitchenAid KHM512BY is a great option for cold butter sticks. It has great power to cut right through cold butter or whip cream in a minute or two.
Although it starts up slower than other hand mixers, there is a speed boost button to crank up the power in a pinch.
Its minimal construction also allows you to remove any accessory fast and easily.
We particularly love the slowest speed setting as it’s absolutely perfect for any light ingredients, such as powdered sugar or incorporating flour that tends to go flying everywhere with higher-geared mixers. Also, it doesn’t burn up over a soft butter batter.
|KitchenAid KHM512BY Specifications|
8 x 3.5 x 6 inches
No of Speed
We have yet to see a hand mixer that is as functional as the KitchenAid KHM512BY, which is the reason it is our Top Pick for cold butter sticks.
Best For Thick Cookie Dough: Oster FPSTHMBGB-S
- Deliver extra power boost – feature Burst of Power and 7-speed settings
- Whisk fluffy meringues 30% faster than the Oster balloon whisks - Aerator Whisk attachment
- Handle thick cookie dough with ease - 270 watts and 320 peak watts of power
- Not stay locked in place when mixing
There are more and more versatile hand mixers infiltrating the market but the Oster FPSTHMBGB-S is the best we’ve seen.
It has 320W of peak power and 270W of operating power, in addition to 7-speed settings and the additional Burst of Power option. At the touch of a button, it delivers extra power boost as wanted to mix thick cookie dough without burning.
If you want to mix flour or sugar, adjust it to lower speed settings.
This mixer highlights Clean Start technology to efficiently eliminate splatter when mixing light ingredients or fluids.
Besides, we really appreciate the added aerator whisk which can whip fluffy meringues 30% faster than the standard Oster balloon whisks. Very valuable!
|Oster FPSTHMBGB-S Specifications|
4.8 x 9.6 x 9.6 inches
No of Speed
270 watts and 320 peak watts
7-speed controls plus the one-touch Burst of Power
270 watts and 320 peak watts of power
With 7 speed settings and 270W of operating wattage, the Oster FPSTHMBGB-S is our top choice for thick cookie dough and more.
Durable: Cuisinart HM-90BCS
- Sturdy – snap-on case
- Safe and reliable – BPA-free with anti-rust attachments
- Powerful, flexible, and convenient – automatic feedback, 220W motor, and 9-speed options
- The beaters vibrate too much and easily come loose
- Aggressive surge upon startup before settling
While other hand mixers start rusting after a certain amount of time of use, the Cuisinart HM-90BCS is a nice exception.
The mixer feels a bit on the heavy side, meaning for higher durability. A worth-mentioning feature is all the materials of this product are BPA-free, and a 3-year warranty backs it
What we like the most is its snap-on case for storage. It gives no flimsy or cheap hand-feel, which is very reliable.
With the Cuisinart HM-90BCS, you’ll have 3 low start speed options for slower mixing and splatter prevention, and many handy rust-free accessories like a spatula, dough hooks, chef’s whisk, and beaters.
|Cuisinart HM-90BCS Specifications|
8.5 x 3.9 x 8.9 inches
No of Speed
Sturdy snap-on case
220-watt motor and automatic feedback
Designed with durability in mind, the Cuisinart HM-90BCS is best for people who plan to bake cookies regularly.
Quiet: Breville BHM800SILUSC BHM800SIL
- Run quietly – rubber scraper beater
- Deliver optimal speed – beater IQ technology
- Allow you to see the ingredients while mixing – mixing light
- A bit pricey
- Wish the rubber on the scraper beater was higher quality
Feel free to bake your cookies with no fears of disrupting other members by using this Breville BHM800SILUSC BHM800SIL hand mixer.
It emphasizes a rubber scraper beater to minimize the sound while running so, no clanging or clinging in your kitchen anymore. But don’t worry, this extra feature doesn’t compromise the contact with the bowl or its powerful performance.
The product still gives you thorough mixing after a couple of minutes, no matter the ingredients, texture, or thickness.
The reason is it includes 9-speed settings plus the beater IQ technology that can detect the attachment you are utilizing to auto-recalibrate to the most optimal speed.
|Breville BHM800SILUSC BHM800SIL Specifications|
8.5 x 3.5 x 10.2 inches
No of Speed
Rubber Scraper Beater
BEATER IQ TECHNOLOGY
Overall, the Breville BHM800SILUSC BHM800SIL is a very smart, quiet hand mixer that can help you handle everything with the least effort.
Powerful: Braun HM5100
- Ultra-powerful – a 350-watt motor
- Require 50% less effort for mixing – a combination of Smartmix technology and in-line vertical motor design
- Ideal for weak hands or rheumatoid arthritis - weighs only 2.2 pounds
- The price is steep
The Braun HM5100 is one of the most powerful hand mixers we’ve tried.
By featuring a 350W in-line vertical motor, it can combine even the hardest food items for thoroughly mixed results.
What’s worth mentioning is the added Smartmix technology, which helps redistribute the mixer weight out of your hand and into the bowl, therefore, it requires 50% less effort to mix food than other multi-mix models.
The unit is lightweight as well. It weighs only 2.2 pounds, which is rather friendly for people who have weak arms or rheumatoid arthritis.
For sure, this hand mixer won’t get your perpetually aching hands fatigued.
|Braun HM5100 Specifications|
8.3 x 3 x 8.7 inches
No of Speed
In-line vertical motor design
Braun HM5100 is an advanced hand mixer with a 350W motor and better force transmission to require less effort for mixing, making it the most powerful model to thoroughly mix tough ingredients.
Versatile: KRUPS GN492851
- Higher versatility – 10-speed settings and numerous accessories
- Easy to track the amount of time that you’ve been mixing – a count-up timer with a pause button
- Easy to change speeds – just simply glide your fingers
- Operate quietly
- A bit overpriced
- Hard to separate the mixer from the box
- Require stationing your thumb on the digital display when mixing batter
With 10 speed settings and numerous handy accessories, the KRUPS GN492851 is the most versatile hand mixer that can handle multiple tasks with no need for a bunch of different gadgets.
Aside from combining ingredients, it is able to whip up fluffy meringues, cream, make brioche or bread dough, and mix things in a traditional way.
The easy-to-use speed setting button is a big bonus. If you’re just a beginner, don’t worry, this hand mixer features a count-up timer with a pause button to let you know the exact amount of time that you’ve been mixing.
The biggest selling point is it gives no mess when combining sticky ingredients, all thanks to the silicone coating on the beaters.
|KRUPS GN492851 Specifications|
10.2 x 6.5 x 7.3 inches
No of Speed
Count-up timer with pause function
If you’re a true home cooking enthusiast who loves trying new recipes that relate to mixing, baking, and whipping, this versatile hand mixer will be your best workhorse.
How To Choose The Best Hand Mixers For Cookie Dough?
- If you intend to use a hand mixer to make cookie dough, make sure to look for an ultra-powerful model because it’s not only going to beat thick, stiff cookie dough but also mix other tough ingredients. For example, cranberries, raisins, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- How much power is enough?
- From our testing, a hand mixer featuring 200-225 watts of power is enough for cookie doughs.
- You should opt for the maximum speed settings of a hand mixer because it’ll be easier to handle different thickness levels of the doughs. Soft start (or start mixing at lower settings) also helps to prevent splatting efficiently.
- Besides, the price of a hand mixer isn’t increased considerably for extra speed settings.
- We highly recommend going for 3-speed modes as minimum and 10 as maximum.
Ease Of Use
There are many features deciding how easy-to-use a hand mixer is. They cover things like:
- Attaching accessories into the machine
- How to access speed settings
- A flat side to rest it on the kitchen countertop without imbalance
Which Brands Make The Best Hand Mixers For Cookie Dough?
- Hamilton Beach was established in 1910 by L.H. Hamilton and Chester Beach who worked for U.S. Standard Electrical Works before. Due to their extensive knowledge about electrical kinds of stuff, Hamilton Beach products are leading in the industry.
- KitchenAid has been in the industry since 1919 and its collections have spread over multiple product lines in cutlery. Here, you’ll find a wide range of kitchenware with various options in sizes, designs, and price ranges.
- Oster was founded in 1924 and has been a wholly own subsidiary of Jarden. It’s specializing in kitchen appliances and known for innovation, quality, and performance.
Can you use a hand mixer for cookie dough?
Yes, you can.
It’s because hand mixers are a versatile kitchen tool that can handle most mixing tasks, including beating cookie dough.
Can you mix bread dough with a hand mixer?
Yes, you can.
But you should opt for an ultra-powerful hand mixer because it has no motors, meaning for the lack of torque to beat such stiff food item.
What happens if you overmix cookie dough?
The cookie dough will be crispier and flatter.
Can you make cookie dough without a mixer?
Yes, you can. Cookie dough can be stirred by hand.
How do you tell if the dough is kneaded enough?
Slightly press it using your finger. If it springs back immediately and doesn’t tear when being pulled, the dough is kneaded enough.
We hope that we’ve helped you decide which is the best hand mixer for cookie dough that suits perfectly your needs and budget.
That’s the end of this ultimate buying guide.