As simple as you may think, choosing a coffee mug is not that simple. In fact, there are a few criteria to take into account if you want to get the best double-walled coffee mugs and make the most of your money. In this post, we will go into details and help you find the perfect mug.
Here are the best double-walled coffee mugs you can buy in 2021:
- Lightweight (Glass Coffee Mug): Bodum Pavina Glass
- Dishwasher-Safe (Glass Coffee Mug): JoyJolt Serene Double Walled Insulated Glasses Coffee Mug
- Best For Hot Coffee (Glass Coffee Mug): ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Coffee Mug 2 Piece
- Easy To Clean (Stainless Steel Coffee Mug): Real Deal Steel Stainless Steel Double Walled Mugs
- Shatter-Proof (Stainless Steel Coffee Mug): Insulated Coffee Mug with Lid
- Best For Iced Coffee (Stainless Steel Coffee Mug): TeamFar Coffee Cup Espresso Cup Mug Set of 4
|6 Best Double-Walled Coffee Mugs|
|Bodum Pavina Glass|
|JoyJolt Serene Double Walled Insulated Glasses Coffee Mug|
Best For Hot Coffee
|ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Coffee Mug 2 Piece|
Easy To Clean
|Real Deal Steel Stainless Steel Double Walled Mugs|
|Insulated Coffee Mug with Lid|
Best For Iced Coffee
|TeamFar Coffee Cup Espresso Cup Mug Set of 4|
Lightweight (Glass Coffee Mug): Bodum Pavina Glass
- Decent durability and heat retention – award-winning mouth-blown, lab-quality borosilicate-glass double-walled structure
- Look sleek and create an impressive optical illusion – beautiful double-layer design
- Convenient to use – dishwasher- and microwave-safe
- Dependable – backed by a 1-year warranty
- No handles
These Bodum Pavina glasses give you the best of both worlds. While its mouth-blown, lab-quality borosilicate-glass double-wall structure perfectly remains your hot (or cold) coffee with no condensation, the sleek design gives an impressive optical illusion.
Its beauty is perfect for kitchens, bars, and coffee shops.
A fun fact is that these glasses are the winner of a prestigious European Design Award, which might be a good conversation starter between you and your guests.
Besides, it is safe for dishwashers and microwaves, and very lightweight to hold for a long time.
|Bodum Pavina Glass Specifications|
8 Fluid Ounces
award-winning mouth-blown, lab-quality borosilicate-glass double-walled structure
beautiful double-layer design
dishwasher- and microwave-safe
backed by a 1-year warranty
In terms of lightness, the Bodum Pavina Glass is hard to beat among numerous glass coffee mugs with double-walled construction
Dishwasher-Safe (Glass Coffee Mug): JoyJolt Serene Double Walled Insulated Glasses Coffee Mug
- Superb convenience – safe for dishwashers, microwaves, freezers, and ovens (up to 350 degrees F)
- Fewer slippage risks while holding the mug – designed with a handle
- Multiple-use - beautiful, crystal clear design with a smooth finish
- A little small
- Might not fit under some coffee makers’ spout
Out of the three candidates listed here, this glass mug is the most convenient to use. It is safe for not only dishwasher and microwave but also freezer and oven usage (up to 350 degrees F).
In comparison, this mug holds a bit less coffee than the Bodum, in turn, it comes with a handle so, no slippage risks at all. And it is also backed by a one-year warranty.
The beautiful, crystal clear design with a smooth finish makes it a nice choice for home, restaurant, or café use.
|JoyJolt Serene Double Walled Insulated Glasses Coffee Mug Specifications|
210 Milliliters (7.4 ounces)
safe for dishwashers, microwaves, freezers, and ovens (up to 350 degrees F)
designed with a handle
beautiful, crystal clear design with a smooth finish
The JoyJolt Serene Double Walled Insulated Glasses Coffee Mug is the most convenient option because it’s safe for the dishwasher, oven, microwave, and freezer.
Best For Hot Coffee (Glass Coffee Mug): ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Coffee Mug 2 Piece
- Safe and convenient to use – not burn your fingers while holding hot beverages & no messy condensation with cold drinks
- Hold more coffee – huge capacity of 12 fluid ounces
- Durability and sophisticated construction - high-grade borosilicate material & mouth-blown by artisans then time-tested German engineered
Compared to standard glasses, this unit holds hot coffee a lot longer.
But the best part is while doing so, it’s still cool enough to touch to never burn your fingers. With cold beverages, it remains cold nicely with no messy condensation.
Its capacity is up to 12 fluid ounces – a lot larger than the two above for keeping more coffee.
A big bonus about these glasses is their durability and sophisticated construction. Aside from the high-grade borosilicate material, it is mouth-blown by artisans then time-tested German engineered to provide you with only the best quality.
If you want to use it with a microwave or dishwasher, just feel free.
|ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Coffee Mug 2 Piece Specifications|
12 Fluid Ounces
not burn your fingers while holding hot beverages & no messy condensation with cold drinks
the huge capacity of 12 fluid ounces
high-grade borosilicate material & mouth-blown by artisans then time-tested German engineered
If you wish to have a double-walled glass that can hold your hot coffee a lot longer than standard mugs, pick the ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Coffee Mug 2 Piece
Easy To Clean (Stainless Steel Coffee Mug): Real Deal Steel Stainless Steel Double Walled Mugs
- Let you enjoy more coffee – huge 15-ounce capacity
- Low maintenance, odorless, and no bacteria – the mirrored polishing interior
- Smooth and easy to grip – the handle is perimeter welded by machine
- Wish it had a little cap or cover
This 15-ounce stainless-steel double-walled mug lets you enjoy more coffee than usual for some precious extra minutes of heat.
But the real star is low-maintenance. No matter how long you’ve used it, the mug is still shiny as new, odorless, and carries no bacteria, which is a big thank you to the mirrored polishing interior (while most others feature a brushed inner finish).
Another bonus is that it doesn’t budge even when you hit it hard, or step or wrench on it. The whole construction is made of lightweight 304 18/8 food-safe stainless steel material.
The handle is perimeter welded by machine for smoothness and ease of grips. Above all, your purchase is 100% backed by the manufacturer.
|Real Deal Steel Stainless Steel Double Walled Mugs Specifications|
15 Fluid Ounces
huge 15-ounce capacity
the mirrored polishing interior
the handle is perimeter welded by a machine
We love the Real Deal Steel Stainless Steel Double Walled Mugs because they don’t have an odor or carry bacteria. It’s superbly easy to clean!
Shatter-Proof (Stainless Steel Coffee Mug): Insulated Coffee Mug with Lid
- Perfect for camping, travels, and other outdoor trips – shatterproof design & 18/8 stainless-steel material
- Great spill resistance and provide better heat retention – two travel lids with insulation seal
- Sit firmly on most tabletops and counters – ultra-wide bottom
- The O-ring could be stronger
- The brushed interior finish is prone to hold odor
This 18/8 stainless-steel double-walled coffee mug is designed with durability in mind that will never break or budge like most cheaply-made counterparts out there.
So while it’s beautiful enough for home, restaurant, or café use, the mug can be your perfect companion during outdoor trips, like camping. And it can last very long. The food-safe material allows it to not rust or tarnish and be dishwasher-safe.
The biggest selling point is the two additional travel lids with an insulating seal for spill resistance and extra heat retention. They are also easy to open/close and clean.
Another plus is its ultra-wide bottom for enhanced stability to be placed firmly on most tabletops and counters.
|Insulated Coffee Mug with Lid Specifications|
400 Milliliters (13.5oz)
shatterproof design & 18/8 stainless-steel material
two travel lids with insulation seal
For RVs, camping, travels, or survival trips, the Insulated Coffee Mug with Lid with an emphasis on its decent shatterproof design is always our go-to
Best For Iced Coffee (Stainless Steel Coffee Mug): TeamFar Coffee Cup Espresso Cup Mug Set of 4
- No condensation or watermark on your items - double-walled construction & rust-free food-safe 18/8 stainless steel material
- Prevent slippage - protruding lip at the rim top
- Easily pair with modern coffee ware - mirror finish
- Too lightweight to easily fall over
- The outside does pick up fingerprints easily
Despite its modest capacity, this coffee glass is still perfect to be used as a beverage cup, wine one-shot cup, espresso cup, coffee cup, and more.
The double-walled construction combined with rust-free food-safe 18/8 stainless-steel material helps keep your hot/cold drink longer as well as preserve the fresh aroma and taste.
Particularly, with iced coffee, it doesn’t condensate, meaning that there’s no watermark left on your desk or tabletop.
Two other bonuses about this coffee mug are its protruding lip at the rim top for slippage prevention and the mirror finish for better compatibility with modern coffee ware.
|TeamFar Coffee Cup Espresso Cup Mug Set of 4 Specifications|
6 Fluid Ounces
double-walled construction & rust-free food-safe 18/8 stainless steel material
the protruding lip at the rim top
For iced coffee, the TeamFar Coffee Cup Espresso Cup Mug can keep it cool a pretty long time with no condensation or watermarks.
How To Choose The Best Double-Walled Coffee Mug?
One of the very first things you need to decide on is how big you want the mug to be, which is based on how much coffee you drink in a sitting. Most coffee mugs are 12 ounces in size but you can find mugs of up to 30 ounces.
The choice of size must be among the easiest factors to consider as you only need to refer to your own needs and habits.
When it comes to material, there are four main options for you to choose from:
- Ceramic: coffee mugs made from this material keep water hotter for a longer time, leaves no aftertaste in coffee, but are fragile, easy to break if you accidentally drop them.
- Glass: this material does not depart tangs or smells to coffee, it can be recycled, and provide a satisfying flavor. However, it doesn’t maintain heat as well as ceramic.
- Hard plastics: hard plastic mugs also do a great job in keeping hot coffee but they tend to result in an unpleasant aftertaste or smell in your coffee.
- Steel: This material is suitable for travels, retains heat very well, and is unbreakable.
You can buy a standard coffee mug, but you should choose one with a lid, especially a spill-proof lid.
The lid will prove extremely useful when you take your coffee out or on the go and it’s better to have double-layered rubber seals on the lid to make sure it’s tight, preventing coffee from spilling out.
This may not be common knowledge, but the design (like color) of the mug does affect the taste of your coffee.
Experiments showed that coffee in white mugs taste less sweet than in transparent or blue mugs, which you may want to keep in mind when shopping for a coffee mug. Besides, an eye-catching mug will surely enhance your overall experience when drinking coffee.
Which Brands Make The Best Double-Walled Coffee Mug?
Since its establishment in 1944, this brand has been dedicated to delivering high-quality tea and coffee solutions to consumers. Here, you will find products that are both innovative and affordable.
If affordability is your top priority, this could be your go-to brand. With over 6 years of experience in the industry, this brand is devoted to making budget products for you.
Founded in 1731, this is the oldest brand on this list, making it one of the most reliable names as well. It focuses on developing technologies to make the best products in the industry.
Do double-walled mugs work?
Yes, of course, thanks to the air pocket in the mugs that slows down the heat transfer from the liquid to the mug to the hand.
Are double wall cups microwave safe?
The answer to this question depends on the material of the mugs. If you use a glass or ceramic mug, you can put them in the microwave. That it’s not the case for steel mugs.
How can you tell if a mug is microwave safe?
You can test the mug by filling it with water and put in the microwave for about 30 seconds. After that, if the water is hotter then than the mug, it’s safe for use in the microwave; otherwise, it’s not.
How do you get water out of a double-walled cup?
You can put the mug onto a cookie sheet or pan and bake the cup in a conventional oven to drive the water out.
Why does my coffee cup handle get hot in the microwave?
This often happens with ceramic cups, in which glazes are applied unevenly or poorly, allowing moisture to enter the handle. As a result, the moisture is heated up and so does the handle.
This is the end of our complete guide on finding the best double-walled coffee mugs. You need to understand and memorize these factors before browsing models, but it will be much easier once you have figured out what you need. We hope that you will get the perfect mug to use for a long time.