Have you been stumped by the rampant sound coming from the dishwasher that disrupts your hanging out with folks in the living room?
Don't let that happen anymore!
With the best quiet dishwasher, the making-racket sound will be the last thing you hear when everything is off.
And don't rush to buy a new one without reading this review. I have rounded up a few dishwasher models that offer ultra-silent operation. With my team, I sat and listened to the CR test each dishwasher. Models on my list range from Medium to Good for noise. I believe any of them will make you happy.
Here are the best quiet dishwashers you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Water-Efficient: EdgeStar DWP62WH Energy Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Best For Campers: Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
- Best Overall: EdgeStar BIDW1802BL Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher
- Best For Dish-Drying: SPT SD-9254W: Energy Star 18-inch Built-In Dishwasher
- Best For Bigger Families: Bosch SHX878WD5N 800 Series Built In Dishwasher
|Top 6 Best Quiet Dishwashers|
|Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher||Read Our Review|
|EdgeStar DWP62WH Energy Portable Countertop Dishwasher||Read Our Review|
Best For Campers
|Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher||Read Our Review|
|EdgeStar BIDW1802BL Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher||Read Our Review|
Best For Dish-Drying
|SPT SD-9254W: Energy Star 18-inch Built-In Dishwasher||Read Our Review|
Best For Bigger Families
|Bosch SHX878WD5N 800 Series Built In Dishwasher||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Sleek design
- Room space for large dishes
- No need to install water hook-up
- Auto dry dishes
- White body easy to get dirty
- No faucet adapter included
This compact countertop dishwasher is just what you need for a simple but functional dish wash machine.
The unit features a sleek design with details simplified. Measured at 17.3 L x 16.5 W x 17.3 H, the machine doesn't take up much space on a counter. However, it provides a roomy area for a variety of dishes. At this size, the washer is an ideal choice for a small family living in a limited space.
Since portability is key for such a dishwasher, it doesn't require a water hook-up to be the source. The hose provided can deliver water directly from your faucet.
This washer caters five programs, including normal, rapid, fruit wash, baby care, and glass as diverse as a professional one. You can load dishes up to 12 inches in diameter and see the process through the transparent window.
|Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher Specifications|
17.3 x 16.5 x 17.3 in
No of Place Settings
The built-in water tank requires no mandatory water source.
Five washing programs
Except for the limited size for sitting neatly on a countertop, there is nothing I can complain about this washer. But it's just the right size for a small family.
Water-Efficient: EdgeStar DWP62WH Energy Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Low profile
- Deep clean
- Spacious interior for more dishes
- Water and energy efficient
- Glasses dried but spotty
- Hose may leak
If you care about water-saving, this EdgeStar suits that want. At normal wash, it consumes around 2.82 gallons of water.
The enclosure is able to hold dishes under 10.5 inches. With 6 place settings, you can stuff a bunch of eating utensils.
EdgeStar makes this dishwasher a performer with a number of functions of deep wash, heating system, and germ elimination procedure, giving you the cleanest aftermath.
There is no need for a permanent water hook-up. The quick connector will get water right from the faucet. That means there is no restriction for positioning the machine. Place it anywhere and supply water when the job comes.
Not only does it save water, but this dishwasher also consumes less energy, around 61% compared to other models.
|EdgeStar DWP62WH Energy Portable Countertop Dishwasher Specifications|
21 5/8"W x 19 5/8"D x 17 5/16"H
No of Place Settings
EnergyStar Rated for less water and energy consumption.
More place settings
Water bills have no longer been an ailment at the end of the month ever since I got this functional dishwasher.
Best For Campers: Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
- Save water and electricity
- Ideal for washing lots of dishes
- Easy to use
- Simple but modern design
- A but struggling to pop out the door
Don't want to bring the dishwashing chore back with you from an outdoor trip? Let this Danby take care of that. You'll get 6 place settings with silverware basket for a variety of dishes, cups, bowls, and utensils.
On the specs, the machine operates at 6 wash cycles. You'll know when the process is done looking at the LED indicator. At full setup, the washer takes up space in a corner on a counter snugly.
The only thing I don't like about this unit is it comes in a mere color, which is white. It turns yellow after a while, probably due to my lazy maintenance. But I guess it an inevitable fact for an all-white body.
There is no digital display on this machine. It can be minor to some people, but I don't find any problems running the washer. Buttons and instructions are clear.
If you live alone with a heap of dishes once in a while, this unit will save bucks for you on the water and electricity bills. It's Energy-star compliant for low energy and water consumption.
|Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher Specifications|
21.65"W x 19.69"D x 17.24"H
No of Place Settings
Space-saving design with 6 place settings.
Energy star compliant and low water consumption
Make dishwashing no longer a duty but an enjoyable task, especially if you usually come back from the wild trips.
Best Overall: EdgeStar BIDW1802BL Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher
- Slim-fit profile
- Simple to operate
- Lots of place for kitchen stuff
- Difficult to load
- Plastic feet
When it comes to a full-size dishwasher, EdgeStar is a reliable brand; hence this model.
EdgeStar always knows what is best for a dishwasher. In this particular model, the brand integrates Energy Star compliant for energy saving while incorporating efficiency.
The unit features 6 wash cycles for 8 place settings. Those are generous numbers that make the dishwasher a heavy-duty one. When using this machine, it only takes me once to clean all the dishes used at the end of the day.
The leakage sensor is, what I think, the brightest flagship which shuts off water flow when it detects any leak. So, no more worries about water damage.
More than that, the slim fit profile is also an attractive thing. It can replace an older appliance, giving a new breeze to your kitchen.
|EdgeStar BIDW1802BL Energy Star Rated Built-In Dishwasher Specifications|
32.5" H x 17.6" W x 22.4" D
No of Place Settings
Smaller in width design to fit a small kitchen with Energy Star rated for electricity saving
This unit is a performer that brings you almost everything you want for a dishwasher. Quiet, functional, easy to use, nice-looking. You won't be disappointed.
Best For Dish-Drying: SPT SD-9254W: Energy Star 18-inch Built-In Dishwasher
- Deep wash
- No spotty dish
- Suitable for limited space
- No side mounting brackets included
- No faucet adapter
You need your dishes to be done without further fabric drying? The heating function this SPT dishwasher offers will make you happy.
The machine comes in a white body encloses a stainless-steel tube that lasts for years. It provides 8 place settings for more dish loading. You will see the 18-inch wide footprint doesn't take up space in your kitchen.
It's Energy Star rated for power saving. Yet, the controlling system is quite instructional with buttons and LEDs. The washer operates at 52 dB that shouldn't bother you and the serenity you want after a meal.
Most importantly, during the drying cycle, it emits heat to evaporate all drops, leaving only dry dishes for you to put away. What's great it the dishes are dried with no spots found, which I really like.
|SPT SD-9254W: Energy Star 18-inch Built-In Dishwasher Specifications|
17.6 x 22.6 x 32.4 in
No of Place Settings
Heat drying function and Energy Star Rated
No requirement for hand drying if you use this dishwasher, which saves you more time and effort for other chores.
Best For Bigger Families: Bosch SHX878WD5N 800 Series Built In Dishwasher
- Super quiet
- Smart design with 18 place settings
- Solidly built
- Brilliant interior settings
Now, what if your house is accommodation for more people? I have three teenagers who eat constantly and produce an incredible volume of dirty dishes from one evening.
This Bosch can hold 16 place settings. With the third rack and a rack that's 3 inches deeper than most 24-inch dishwashers, it holds 30% more dishes. The middle rack can be adjusted to 3 different heights for flexibility and accommodate tall items.
Bosch claimed that the 800 series is the quietest dishwashers in North America. I don't doubt that because this model is rated at 44 decibels. The Bosch uses a specially designed drain pump and solid base to muffle motor noise. But one difference you can spot prior to the installation is the insulation.
|Bosch SHX878WD5N 800 Series Built In Dishwasher Specifications|
23 9/16”W x 33 7/8”H x 23 ¾”D in
No of Place Settings
Wrapped in multiple layers of coating for the quietest operation. Racks are deeper to load more dishes
Bosch has made this washer close to perfect. If you have a big family, I can't think of a better choice.
How To Choose The Best Quiet Dishwashers?
So, you decided that you need a dishwasher. The rest of the mission is to learn how to choose the right one. Let me provide you some essential tips so that you can buy with fewer concerns.
- There's a number of considerations to ponder when it comes to a dishwasher. But type comes first.
- If you live in a small house where space counts every inch, it's important to consider whether you want a portable or fixed dishwasher. A built-in dishwasher requires an area that is close to energy and water sources. Usually, it measures as high as your kitchen counter to provide generous space for dishes. This type suits family with more than four households that does regular cooking.
- Countertop dishwashers offer great portability but limit in the interior. You can't expect a countertop washer to load dishes left from days or even at the end of the day. However, if you don't live a life of homemade meals, washing some plates and cups a day will be leisure with this type. It doesn't require a fixed place nor any installation. Most of the models simply take water from the nearby faucet, thus being quite convenient for a small house.
- You can rely on the number of decibels to determine if that machine is quiet or not. 60 dB is an acceptable number, but still, it gives the sounds of a juicer. You can ignore it but not your guests. So, pick something under that number. 52 is an ideal rate. 50 is even better as it sounds nothing more than a quiet conversation.
- There are machines that rate as low as 44 dB, but I think it's not necessary unless you sleep in the kitchen when the washer works. In case you're too sensitive to sound, go ahead. If you want, you can get something at 38 dB with some extra money. But for most homes, this is overkill.
Energy And Water Efficiency
- We use a dishwasher because we want to take one chore off our schedule as well as some bucks off the bills. So, no sense if the machine you buy consumes the money you saved for a fancy dinner.
- I recommend a machine with Energy Star rated. It guarantees power efficiency. Low water use is also one thing to note down.
- Each feature integrated costs money. So, eliminate the ones you don't need. A transparent window may be worthless unless you enjoy watching the process. Leakage sensors can be pretty useful in terms of protecting water damage.
- The most important feature I think a dishwasher must have heat drying that will leave you a completed task. That means all the dishes will be ready to put away right out of the machine, so you don't need a further step to clean drops.
Which Brands Make The Best Quiet Dishwashers?
- EdgeStar was founded with the goal of developing appliances that make ease on your lifestyle. The brand focuses on portability and innovation optimized for small spaces. Launched as a house brand for Living Direct, Inc. since 2004, EdgeStar has continued to build and supply high-quality appliances as well as quiet dishwashers with the highest commitment to superiority and premium standard.
- The company from Germany owns renovating technology to shape many aspects of life. Washing dishes is a part that Bosch pays major attention to deliver the quietest and most functional machines to guarantee happiness to their customers. Dishwashers from Bosch not only come in engaging designs but also provide exclusive functions.
How long do dishwashers last?
Life expectancy of a dishwasher can range up to 12 years with the average working well-being from 9 to 10 years. A quality dishwasher should last long enough to serve before it wears just at the right time you think a new appliance is imminent.
Is it worth fixing a dishwasher?
It depends. There are parts in the machine that are cheap and easy to replace. Things like a door latch, drain pump, broken buttons, or fill valve may be worth repairing. However, problems involve engine failure at the end of life expectancy is meaningless to repair. When the warranty expires, you may consider replacing a new appliance when the old one got severe damage.
What does 52 dB sound like?
52 dB sounds like an electric fan or folks chat in their normal voice. It's not very annoying and any noticeable.
Is 50 decibels loud for a dishwasher?
50 dB is a common noise level for most dishwasher models. More expensive machines can rate below 50, but this number is acceptable and no big deal.
When should you replace your dishwasher?
Since the life expectancy of a dishwasher can last up to 12 years. But when it reaches 10 years old, you should consider a replacement. Not solely because the engine is becoming fatigued, but also the racket has been collecting germs in its nooks after all those times. That's the mere reason for me to getting a new dishwasher.
That's pretty what I want to share about the best quiet dishwasher and all the models that came through my experience.
Trust me; you will thank the noiseless atmosphere such washers bring to enjoy moments after meals in quietness.
In case I missed anything in this post, please let me know in the comments and share with me and my audience what you know about the quiet dishwasher. Please like and share the post. Thank you for reading!