In need of a dish drying rack but have limited space on the kitchen counter? You may be thinking that it’s impossible to find a model suitable for your space.
The good news is, however, we can help you find the best dish drying rack for small spaces by providing you with this comprehensive guide that focuses on the key factors and show you what options you have.
Here are the best dish drying racks for small spaces you can buy in 2021:
- Easy To Clean (1-Tier Dish Rack): Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer
- Best For Deep Sink (1-Tier Dish Rack): Simple Houseware Over Sink Countertop Dish Drainer Drying Rack
- Best For Singles (1-Tier Dish Rack): mDesign Compact Modern Metal Dish Drying Rack
- Easy To Assemble (2-Tier Dish Rack): iSPECLE 2-Tier Dish Rack
- Wall-Mounted Dish Rack (2-Tier Dish Rack): Sorbus Dish Drying Rack
- Spacious (2-Tier Dish Rack): Warmfill 304 Stainless Steel Dish Rack
|6 Best Dish Drying Racks For Small Spaces|
Easy To Clean
|Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer|
Best For Deep Sink
|Simple Houseware Over Sink Countertop Dish Drainer Drying Rack|
Best For Singles
|mDesign Compact Modern Metal Dish Drying Rack|
Easy To Assemble
|iSPECLE 2-Tier Dish Rack|
Wall-Mounted Dish Rack
|Sorbus Dish Drying Rack|
|Warmfill 304 Stainless Steel Dish Rack|
Easy To Clean (1-Tier Dish Rack): Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer
- Keep your flatware or silverware separately – the plastic cutlery caddie with two separate spaces
- Easy to clean – the drainboard with a glossy finish & the rack can be quickly wiped by a damp cloth
- No worry about water spilling or pooling up on your counter – the drainboard features a lip
- Wish it was better at resisting rust
- A bit small for family use
We’d like to start this list with the Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer, a one-tier rack that is measured by 19” x 12” x 5”. It also comes with one drainboard and one plastic cutlery caddie with two separate spaces.
Thanks to such that little yet thoughtful upgrade, it helps keep your flatware and silverware safely in two independent places while dishwashing.
But the beauty of this set is that once your kitchenware dries and is stored away, a quick wipe using a damp cloth can get rid of all water spots. Same with the drainboard due to its slick glossy finish.
You can hang this board over the sink for worry-free about water spilling or pooling up on your counter.
|Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer Specifications|
19 x 12 x 5 inches
one drainboard, one plastic cutlery caddie, and one dish rack
the plastic cutlery caddie with two separate spaces
the drainboard with a glossy finish & the rack can be quickly wiped by a damp cloth
the drainboard features a lip
Choosing an easy-to-clean drying dish rack will help save lots of time and effort in maintenance. If that element is your top priority when looking for a new one, the Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer is worth a try
Best For Deep Sink (1-Tier Dish Rack): Simple Houseware Over Sink Countertop Dish Drainer Drying Rack
- Strong and sturdy – made of heavy-duty stainless steel
- Look sleek and modern – elegant Chrome finish
- Perfect for deep sinks – the measurement of 20.5” x 8.25” x 4.8”
- Wish it had a container for utensils
This USPTO patent pending over-sink countertop dish rack is measured by 20.5” x 8.25” x 4.8”, which appears to be perfect for drying plates, bowls, silverware, and glasses. The maximum capacity is 8 plates.
It is also great for the deep sink as well due to the measurement.
In general, this drying dish rack gives a sturdy and reliable feel. It’s made of heavy-duty stainless-steel material coated with elegant chrome for an extra sleek, modern look, which matches nicely any kitchen themes.
Another bonus is despite such durability, strength, and beauty, it is priced quite competitively.
|Simple Houseware Over Sink Countertop Dish Drainer Drying Rack Specifications|
8.25 x 20.5 x 4.8 inches
made of heavy-duty stainless steel
elegant Chrome finish
the measurement of 20.5” x 8.25” x 4.8”
Looking for an over-sink drying dish rack for deep sinks? Try the Simple Houseware Over Sink Countertop Dish Drainer Drying Rack
Best For Singles (1-Tier Dish Rack): mDesign Compact Modern Metal Dish Drying Rack
- Perfect for singles – compact size yet spacious storage space
- Feel sturdy and non-slip - rust-resistant steel wire construction & PVC anti-skid, non-scratch feet
- Prevent water spilling up but still easy to clean/store away – the reversible, foldable, removable, and machine-friendly polyester drying mat
- The plastic feet come off a bit easily
- Not hold big bowls securely
If you’re a single who also loves cooking, then this handy drying dish rack might be your best bet.
It is sized perfectly for tight spaces – dimensions of 12.5” x 5.5” x 4”, yet feels robust thanks to the rust-resistant steel wire construction plus PVC anti-slip, non-scratch feet. Our most favorite part is that it doesn’t compromise storage space.
In fact, it features 12 slots for arranging your kitchenware separately.
The set also includes a removable, machine-friendly polyester drying mat for water spilling up prevention and ease of cleaning at a time. This mat is also reversible and foldable.
|mDesign Compact Modern Metal Dish Drying Rack Specifications|
13.6 x 13.5 x 7 inches
Microfiber Mat Measures 18" x 9"
Dish Drying Rack Measures 12.5" x 5.5" x 4" high
compact size yet spacious storage space
rust-resistant steel wire construction & PVC anti-skid, non-scratch feet
the reversible, foldable, removable, and machine-friendly polyester drying mat
Compact, space-saving, and easy to use, the mDesign Compact Modern Metal Dish Drying Rack is our pick for singles.
Easy To Assemble (2-Tier Dish Rack): iSPECLE 2-Tier Dish Rack
- Able to hold lots of kitchenware – the down tier capacity of 30 pcs bowls & the top tier capacity of 14 pcs plates
- Strong and sturdy - heavy-duty high-grade chrome-plated iron construction
- The drainage tray needs to be wider
This elegant drying dish rack only takes 16.3” x 9.6” x 13.7” of an area on your counter but can hold up to 30 pieces of bowls on the down tier and 14 pieces of plates on the top tier. There are two separate holders on both sides for utensils and cutting boards.
It is also easy to assemble, especially for women or seniors with no compromise of strength.
The heavy-duty high-grade chrome-plated iron construction enhances the durability of this rack significantly, which allows it to hold heavy utensils very well.
It also comes with a drainboard for collecting excess water.
|iSPECLE 2-Tier Dish Rack Specifications|
9.84 x 1.97 x 16.14 inches
One DrainBoard; one 2-tiered dish rack
the down tier capacity of 30 pcs bowls & the top tier capacity of 14 pcs plates
heavy-duty high-grade chrome-plated iron construction
While most two-tiered drying dish racks are confusing to set up, the iSPECLE 2-Tier Dish Rack isn’t a thing. With great manuals and simple construction, it’s very easy to assemble.
Wall-Mounted Dish Rack (2-Tier Dish Rack): Sorbus Dish Drying Rack
- Organize silverware and flatware neatly – include one utensil holder, one knife holder, and two tiers with huge capacity
- Flexible – the utensil/knife holder and hanging hooks can be repositioned along with the frame
- Look cool – black iron metal design
- The silverware holder might be too tall to some sizes of knives/spoons/forks
Not only able to hold plenty of kitchenware at a time, but this drying dish rack can also organize them neatly.
Aside from an 18-piece capacity bowl rack and a 15-piece capacity plate rack, it gives a knife holder and utensil holder that can be repositioned along with the frame due.
There are also two plastic trays for water collecting, and both of them are removable for easy cleaning.
Last but not least, we do appreciate the hanging hooks included in the package that can’t be stronger to keep the entire rack with silverware and flatware securely in place.
|Sorbus Dish Drying Rack Specifications|
19 x 10.62 x 13 inches
(3) HANGING HOOKS
(1) KNIFE HOLDER
(1) UTENSIL HOLDER
(2) PLASTIC TRAYS
Maximum Carry Weight
include one utensil holder, one knife holder, and two tiers with huge capacity
the utensil/knife holder and hanging hooks can be repositioned along with the frame
black iron metal design
If you want to free up your counter space and optimize the kitchen wall area above the sink, check out the wall-mounted Sorbus Dish Drying Rack
Spacious (2-Tier Dish Rack): Warmfill 304 Stainless Steel Dish Rack
- Robust and dependable - 0.65” ultra-thick square tube, the 304 stainless steel construction, and anti-skid foot cushions
- Spacious – the 18-piece bottom tier, the 17-piece top tier, and two silverware holders
- Great water spilling up prevention – three separate drainboards
- The bottom drainboard falls off easily
If most of your kitchenware is heavy that standard drying dish rack barely holds them all, then try this one.
Thanks to the 0.65” ultra-thick square tube, the 304 stainless steel construction, and anti-skid foot cushions, it is a lot stronger to handle the maximum weight of 110 pounds with no issues.
Another big bonus of this steel is its great resistance to scratches, corrosion, moisture, and rust compared to standard stainless steel racks.
The capacity is 18 pcs bowls on the bottom tier and 17 pcs plates on the top tier. Plus, there are two silverware holders on both sides with a separate drain board for optimum water spilling up prevention.
|Warmfill 304 Stainless Steel Dish Rack Specifications|
16.7 x 10 x 15.3 inches
One 2 Tier rack
Maximum Carry Weight
0.65” ultra-thick square tube, the 304 stainless steel construction, and anti-skid foot cushions
the 18-piece bottom tier, the 17-piece top tier, and two silverware holders
three separate drainboards
For family use, the Warmfill 304 Stainless Steel Dish Rack with an emphasis on spacious storage space with good organizing will be your best bet.
How To Choose The Best Dish Drying Rack For Small Spaces?
Materials & Durability
The durability of a drying rack is largely associated with its material. There are few materials available on the market and you need to have the right understanding of them.
- Plastic: mold and discoloration issues will arise over time.
- Metal: these racks will get rusty over time. Stainless steel is durable and rust-resistant but it may be too hard on pots and dishes.
- Rubber-coated steel: it lowers the risk of scratching for your dishes but it’s slippery.
- Bamboo: this material is even more vulnerable to mold and will rot over time.
All in all, there isn’t a perfect material for a dish drying rack, each one comes with its own pros and cons. Eventually, you need to weigh the factors and choose the one that fits your needs the most.
First of all, you should always choose a dish drying rack with a tray. Some models feature a collection tray while others have a tray draining at an angle.
The final decision comes down to your own preference, but we recommend a sloped tray that will prevent build up and help your dishes dry faster.
Regarding the types of dish drying racks, there are three main options for you to choose from.
- Collapsible: also known as foldable racks, these models are convenient for storage when not in use. While coming in larger sizes, they can be folded into more compact shapes, suitable for small spaces. Still, you need room to store them after use.
- Two-tier: this type of rack is perfect for those who want to increase the drying space while not compromising space. If you go with this type, make sure more racks have good drainage to avoid excessive water residue.
- Over the sink: these racks are perfect for those living alone and use only a few dishes or no space on the counter at all.
Which Brands Make The Best Dish Drying Rack For Small Spaces?
Sweet Home Collection
Since its establishment in 1995, this brand has helped consumers improve their quality of life quality through its household products. Its main focus is on ensuring the best material and design.
If you are looking for more than just functionality, this brand is for you. Not only performance and usability, but you will also find aesthetic dish drying racks here.
What do you put under a dish rack?
If you put the dish rack on the kitchen counter, you can put a tray under it to collect or drain water from wet dishes.
How do I keep my dish rack from rusting?
In addition to using a rust-resistant rack, you should clean it regularly and properly.
How do you keep a dish drying rack clean?
First of all, you need to disassemble the rack, use the manual if you need to.
Then, scrub all of the parts with a cleaning agent using a brush and scrubber. Avoid using a metal scrubber if the rack is vulnerable to scratches.
Next, rinse all the parts under running water and dry them.
Can I put my dish drying rack in the dishwasher?
Yes, you can, provided that the rack is made of metal or plastic-coated.
How do you get hard water stains out of a plastic dish drying rack?
Mix a lot of water with some vinegar and submerge the rack in it. There should be enough water for the rack to be completely submerged.
We hope that you have found all the information you need to choose the best dish drying rack for small spaces in this post. There are actually many racks out there that can meet your requirements, so don’t hesitate to start shopping!