If you don’t like fruits and vegetables, drinking smoothies is the only and best way to get your required daily amounts. It is better than juicing, at least in our standard, because the process is less messy and you get all the fiber as well as nutrients.
Below are the top 6 best blenders for smoothies and ice that we’ve compiled from the market. Look no further!
Here are the best blenders for smoothies and ice you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: NutriBullet NBR-1201
- Best For Soft Fruits: Hamilton Beach 58148A
- Best For Light Use: Oster BLSTPB-WBL
- Best For Traveling: Ninja BL480
- Versatile: Ninja HB152
- Most Powerful: homgeek Blender
|Top 6 Best Blenders For Smoothies And Ice|
|NutriBullet NBR-1201||Read Our Review|
Best For Soft Fruits
|Hamilton Beach 58148A||Read Our Review|
Best For Light Use
|Oster BLSTPB-WBL||Read Our Review|
Best For Traveling
|Ninja BL480||Read Our Review|
|Ninja HB152||Read Our Review|
|homgeek Blender||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: NutriBullet NBR-1201
- Reliable & safe
- The underside of blades is a bit struggling to clean thoroughly
The Nutribullet NBR-1201 is only 600W but it’s incredibly powerful, especially when compared to its modest design.
It can make satisfying, smooth consistency of fresh spinach, nuts, berries, crushed ice, and even some frozen fruits without burning or smoking. And despite the low price, it packs a punch with 12 pieces.
3 cups (two small and one large), a handled cup to use immediately after blending, a few lids to save for later or take with you, and some drinking rings to put around the cup. In general, it is versatile enough for all purposes of use.
At under $50, it is a perfectly economic start towards healthy eating and we highly recommend it for beginners or people who want an all-in-one set.
|NutriBullet NBR-1201 Specifications|
No of Speed
Meet North American & Canadian Electrical standards
Convenient, easy to use, and powerful, this personal blender is truly a life-changer and effective workhorse in your kitchen every morning so you can get on your way.
Best For Soft Fruits: Hamilton Beach 58148A
- Highly valuable -> give you 12-speed options and a 700W motor despite the rock bottom price point
- Easy to clean
- Not warrant glass breakage
- It’s loud
Featuring 700 watts of power, Hamilton Beach 58148A is a robust personal blender for the price.
It has much sharper blades and thicker steel compared to other counterparts at the same price point. One highlight feature is the blade shape. They are angled either fully or partially upward while the others are just angled sideward and we guess that’s key for its superior effectiveness.
A big bonus is with this, you barely have to chop fruits and veggies beforehand, all thanks to the pulse buttons.
The blender is also easy to clean as its blades are all removable. Just twist off the bottom to disassemble all the components and rinse them under the water or by a dishwasher.
|Hamilton Beach 58148A Specifications|
No of Speed
700 Watts of peak blending power
While soft fruits are commonly a nightmare for low-range blenders, this Hamilton Beach 58148A isn’t a thing.
Best For Light Use: Oster BLSTPB-WBL
- Easy to use
- The bottle is too narrow to clean by hand
- The locking mechanism of the lid isn’t really secure
This is among the simplest designs we tested.
Out of a 250W motor, it features a 20-ounce BPA-free plastic sport bottle, a lid, and an On/Off button. But if that simplicity leads you to think it is a weak, functionless blender, simply put, you would be wrong.
We have found that it can work greatly with ice, greens, and frozen fruit like nobody’s business, making raw ingredients into smooth smoothies that you can drink by a straw.
And by blending directly into a sports bottle secured by a drinking lid, you will have less mess to clean up.
|Oster BLSTPB-WBL Specifications|
Crush Ice with 400 Watts of Power, 250 blending watts
No of Speed
250-Watt motor with Travel Sport Bottle
Designed with simplicity in mind with a 250W motor, the Oster BLSTPB is a great option for light use.
Best For Traveling: Ninja BL480
- Hand-free capabilities and no babysitting
- Great tasting
- convenient, practical, and less mess
- A bit loud
This blender is small enough to not be annoying to lug around whereas powerful enough to keep on your healthy life, even on the road. While fitting nicely inside a large roller suitcase, we believe its 1000W motor can’t be more functional.
It can crush through ice, veggies, and whole fruits in seconds. Furthermore, the signature extraction process remains great tasting as well as full vitamin and nutrients in your beverages.
A cool thing about this model is its auto IQ technology which allows you to walk away and continue getting ready while it can stop, start, and pulse all on its own to make the perfect smoothie.
|Ninja BL480 Specifications|
No of Speed
Auto IQ technology
A travel-friendly mug
A spill-proof lid
Don’t let your crazy work schedule with lots of overnight travel stop you from living a better life. Just consider this Ninja BL480!
Versatile: Ninja HB152
- Precise and quick boiling
- Ideal for people who don’t prefer to cook their food in a plastic jar
- Run loudly
Some eat-clean people don’t like the idea of heating plastic to cook their food although it’s BPA-free. For them, this personal blender model from Ninja which features a glass jar and also has the heating setting is a shining contender.
It features a 1400W motor with a 64-ounce cup and 12 Auto-IQ programs, including Smoothies, Cocktail, Mixer, Smooth Soup, Hearty Soup, Sauce/Dip, Saute, Ice Cream, Frozen Drink, Extract, and Clean.
While all settings work nicely during our tests, we particularly like the Saute function because you can quickly cook all ingredients to unlock more flavor before making any homemade recipes.
And cleaning isn’t a nightmare anymore.
|Ninja HB152 Specifications|
No of Speed
1400 Peak Watts
64 oz. glass pitcher
If you need something that not just helps you make smoothies or shakes but also soups, dips, frozen drinks, ice cream, and more then look no further.
Most Powerful: homgeek Blender
- Time-saving & give smoother texture
- Wish the cups were made of glass
- Too heavy
Excepting cocktails and ice creams, this homgeek Blender can help you make anything, from smoothies, juices, shakes to soup, sauces/dips, frozen drinks, nut blends, and salsas.
It is designed with a powerful performance in mind, highlighting a 30,000RMP 1450W motor which is stronger than the Ninja HB152 but costs much less. And because of being the strongest model in this list, it helps you finish all tasks much faster and make milkshake smoother.
The machine isn’t easy to break as well.
It is made of 8 hardened stainless-steel blades and a sturdy non-slip handle with all BPA-free and LFBG approved materials. No doubt, this blender is not just safe to use but also durable enough to last for years come.
|homgeek Blender Specifications|
No of Speed
1450W motor for 30000 RPM
Built-in Pulse& 10-speeds Control
If you focus on time-saving, efficiency, and versatile when looking for a blender, we’d recommend this powerful homgeek Blender.
How To Choose The Best Blenders For Smoothies And Ice?
Before going to the final decision of which blender to buy, ask yourself:
- How many people are you blending for?
- How much space do you have?
- How much power of the motor do you want?
- What is your budget?
Wattage And Power
- This feature is chosen mostly depending on two things: your smoothie ingredients and the kind of ice – ice cubes or crushed ice – to blend with the drinks.
- The bigger the size of ice & the harder the ingredients, the more power the blender should have.
- Commonly, if it is just for light use, such as blending greens, soft fruits, and veggies, and crushed ice, a 200W – 300W blender is moderate.
- High-powered models are just recommended when you regularly blend stubborn foods like frozen fruits, hard raw items, and ice cubes. If you use a too low-powered blender for such hard tasks, it is prone to smoke and burn so, don’t!
- Instead, look for models featuring a 2HP 1000W motor or stronger.
- The power of a blender also impacts its speeds and the amount of time to complete a task. Or, the more powerful the blender motor, the quicker and the more time-saving.
- Two things you should keep in mind when considering this component – materials & sizes.
- Start with materials, you’ve got two main choices in common: the glass and the plastic. While we highly suggest using glass containers because they’re safer to use and more durable, can’t deny that this material is prone to break and heavy.
- On the contrary, plastic containers are much lighter so cleaning isn’t awkward and difficult. Not to say that it is cheaper and less likely to break.
- If you prefer to choose plastic containers, remember to pick from reliable brands and its material must be BPA-free and meet other well-known safety standards.
- Now, about the sizes, it depends on the number of people you blend for & purposes of use.
- If it is just for you and you want something compact or travel light to bring along, a 15-ounce to 25-ounce cup is ideal. It would be better if there is a spill-proof lid included. But for family usage or people who want to save some for later, the cup must be bigger. 25 ounces to 64 ounces are a nice range.
- You can choose a full set of a blender and several cups of multiple sizes and lids for extra convenience.
- Is that what you really need in a blender, for smoothies and ice? Or do you have any other needs, like making ice creams, cocktails, soups, sauces and dips?
- If you are in the second group, there will be some extra features to consider in your future blender:
- Heating setting: This is key to allow for doing multiple tasks that we’ve listed above.
- Speed settings: This is ideal for family use as each member might prefer different consistency levels of their smoothies. The more speed settings, the more textures you’ll get.
Which Brands Make The Best Blenders For Smoothies And Ice?
- NutriBullet has been producing personal blenders for 20 years and now become one of the world’s leaders in nutrient extraction.
- A famous American marketer, designer, and manufacturer of commercial restaurant equipment and home appliances. It was founded in 1910 by Frederick J. Osius.
- Established by SharkNinja Operating LLC, a pioneer in cleaning solutions and small household appliances, Ninja has undoubtedly become a globally renowned house-care brand. Their products are well-loved for superb practicality and convenience that fit the lifestyles of busy people.
Is a higher watt blender better?
Yes, it is. A higher-watt blender can:
- Give you smoother drinks with no chunks
- Complete blending tasks in a shorter period of time
- Handle multiple cooking tasks
But take note that the more powerful, the pricier so don’t forget to consider your budget.
How long does a blender last?
2 to 7 years. Depending on the brand, quality, how and how often you use it, and maintenance.
How many watts is a high-speed blender?
Can you put ice in a blender?
Yes, you can as long as your blender is powerful enough.
Can you put hot liquid in a blender?
If the materials of your blender are stated to resist heat then yes, you can.
But when pouring hot liquids into it, remember to just fill 1/3 to 1/2 full as they will steam and expand, which might cause a mess if you fill it too full.
While considering the three features mentioned above, remember to compare prices.
This is always a sensitive element but it will decide whether your purchase is valuable for your money or not. So don’t bother spending some extra time to check out with varying dealers before making a decision.
That’s all for this article! Thanks for reading.