The best blender for protein shakes doesn’t require to be big but more on speeds and power.
These two features should fit snugly to your budget, lifestyle, and preference – whether you love drinking iced shakes or not. To learn more, this ultimate guide is the right landing.
We’ll start first with the following review list:
Here are the best blenders for protein shakes you can buy in 2020:
- Best Overall: NutriBullet NBR-1201
- Best Budget Option: Oster 6684
- Best For Traveling: Ninja BL456 mixer
- Best For Family Use: B008H4SLV6
- Most Powerful: homgeek Smoothie Blender
- Best Compact Blender: Cuisinart CPB-300
|Top 6 Best Blenders For Protein Shakes|
|NutriBullet NBR-1201||Read Our Review|
Best Budget Option
|Oster 6684||Read Our Review|
Best For Traveling
|Ninja BL456 mixer||Read Our Review|
Best For Family Use
|B008H4SLV6||Read Our Review|
|homgeek Smoothie Blender||Read Our Review|
Best Compact Blender
|Cuisinart CPB-300||Read Our Review|
Best Overall: NutriBullet NBR-1201
- Varied and customizable
- Ultimate safety
- Easy to pack up and transport
- The blades are sometimes difficult to clean thoroughly
- The O-ring is slightly hard to remove for cleaning
We’re sold to the NutriBullet NBR-1201 for its blending abilities, ease to use, and hassle-free cleaning.
The refined nutrient-extraction blades and powerful 600-watt motor do a great job in blending whole foods, such as spinach, berries, and nuts into smooth drinkable consistency within seconds.
For the price, we find this set is really reasonable and valuable, especially in terms of the cup collection provided.
You’ve got many cup rings with choices between with or without a handle, 2 cups of varied sizes – one 18-ounce and one 24-ounce, and 2 stay-fresh resealable lids. Such various options make it a perfect daily to-go homemade drink without eating up much of your time or cramped your bag.
Rest the heart, they are all BPA-free for safety, durability, and longevity, and the whole manufacturing process is in compliance with US & Canadian Electrical Standards.
|NutriBullet NBR-1201 Specifications|
Up to 24 oz
No of Speed
BPS-free and meet US & Canadian Electrical Standards
Built with a powerful motor, patented blades, and efficient cyclonic action, the NutriBullet NBR-1201 has won us over.
Best Budget Option: Oster 6684
- Highly valuable for the price
- Powerful and efficient
- Durable and reliable
- Not various in cup sizes or lids or handles
- The jar and blades can’t get separated for better cleaning
Priced under $40 and also be the most inexpensive model in this list, the Oster 6684 becomes our top pick for budget-minded people.
The best thing is no compromise of quality or performance. It packs with a powerful 700W motor (which is even stronger than the NutriBullet above), 4 Crush Pro stainless-steel blades, and 4-point design to chop and pulverize with accuracy.
There are, in addition, 12 speeds to help you not just handle with different types of food, even ice, but also do multiple tasks from pulsing to pureeing. Based on the manufacturer, it can blend up to 10,000 smoothies during its lifetime.
Durability is another thing that we’re seriously impressed, which is proofed through its 10-year all-metal drive warranty.
|Oster 6684 Specifications|
No of Speed
700 power watts/450 blending watts
Crush Pro 4 Blade
On par with midrange full-sized blenders without the bulk of a huge machine nor costing a fortune, the Oster 6684 is a budget-friendly choice for beginners who want to add healthful nutrition into their busy day from now on.
Best For Traveling: Ninja BL456 mixer
- Powerful, efficient and convenient
- Removing the gasket for cleaning is not a simple task
- Noisy when running
Our experts particularly like the Ninja BL456 over its sibling – the BL450 - after giving it a test.
Although both are really compact and easy to pack, the main reason is BL456 has a simpler operation process. Instead of stabilizing the cup by spinning it and clicking into its locks, this upgraded version just requires pushing its cup onto the machine and can start blending right then.
Importantly, no wobbling or crazily shaking at all.
We also realize that its lid is much easier to use with no hassle in leakage in addition to more recipes provided in its book.
|Ninja BL456 mixer Specifications|
No of Speed
900 watts of professional power
Includes a recipe book
If you’re looking for a powerful little blender for travel light, don’t look over the Ninja BL456. It will blend anything into a pulp.
Best For Family Use: B008H4SLV6
- Fit medium to large batches
- Can handle the toughest ingredients
- Easy and simple to clean
- Wish the lid design was more user-friendly
- Run loudly
Featuring a self-cleaning 64-ounce container and variable speed control, the Vitamix 5200 is surely a wonderful surprise gift for your wife or mother.
It is like a monster of a machine that can help blend medium to large batches just by rotating its dial at the desired point during the blend. More significantly, it’s able to bring cold ingredients to hot soup within 6 minutes if wanted.
Don’t worry if you’re a low-tech person, this unit includes a getting-started guide with DVD in its package so that you can easily follow them. Ah, did we tell you that it also came with a 7-year FULL warranty?
No of Speed
Self-Cleaning 64 oz Container
Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades
Highlighting decently powerful blending abilities and great capacity, we find nothing can beat against this Vitamix 5200 when it comes to the best blender for family use.
Most Powerful: homgeek Smoothie Blender
- Offer more servings, work faster
- Economical in the long run
- Bulky and heavy
Equipped with 8 hardened stainless-steel blades and a 1450W 2.25HP motor, this homgeek can work not just as an ordinary blender but also an ice machine, juicer, and even a meat grinder.
The two biggest selling points that we find out from this unit are first, it runs much faster than the standard smoothie blenders and secondly, its lifetime is extended significantly and less likely to break.
The unit also gives you a 68-ounce jar and a 2-liter Tritan container, which makes it perfect to make protein shakes for a crowd or big families.
|homgeek Smoothie Blender Specifications|
No of Speed
68 Oz Dishwasher Tritan Jar
Featuring the most powerful motor in this list, the homegeek Smoothie Blender is big and functional enough to serve for guests in smoothie stands, parties, or big families.
Best Compact Blender: Cuisinart CPB-300
- Small yet mighty -> have a 350W motor
- Very safe to use -> have Auto-Stop features and Safety interlock
- Easy to use and look cool -> feature electronic touchpad & LED indicator lights
- Not go good in chopping avocado
Designed to fit anywhere, the Cuisinart CPB-300 packs well for setup in hotels if you’re a regular traveler.
It is just measured by 10.1 x 15.8 x 10 inches but features a 350-watt motor with a patented ultra-sharp blade to capably crush the ice like water or process raw fruits and veggies for smoothies. The little blender is also praised for its superb safety by equipping Auto-Stop features and Safety interlock.
If you’re a person who also concerns about the look of your stuff, this model with its modern, sleek electronic touchpad and LED indicator lights will go you crazy as well.
|Cuisinart CPB-300 Specifications|
No of Speed
350 Watt BPA-Free 32 Ounce
Auto-Stop features and Safety interlock
Not only the most compact blender but the Cuisinart CPB-300 is also a wonderful aesthetic addition to most modern décors.
How To Choose The Best Blenders For Protein Shakes?
- Going outside in, start with the materials.
- The good news is all blenders are made of dishwasher-friendly material so your duty now is just choosing between the plastic-made and the stainless-steel-made.
- If you’re a fitness guru or intend to invest in the long run, we suggest choosing a stainless-steel blender with metal blades because it is:
- More effective in dealing with tough, stubborn ingredients
- Hold temperature for a longer time -> ideal for anyone who is a fan of ice cold protein shakes
- Last longer
- Although the plastic-made blenders are inferior to its counterpart in these three aspects, they strike back with a more affordable price range, which is great for budget-minded or beginner individuals.
- The saying “bigger is better” doesn’t really work in this case because people commonly make protein shakes for themselves, which means a jumbo-sized blender isn’t necessary.
- When considering this feature, look at the number of cups it can fit.
- Only pick a bigger size if you want to venture onwards to margaritas, soups, and salsa or take blending beyond one-man protein shakes.
- Don’t forget to think about the physical size of your blender. Make sure it won’t cramp up your kitchen space.
Wattage And Power
- The desired speeds of a blender reflect your lifestyle and preference in drinking protein shakes.
- For example, if you’re usually in a hurry to work/school, you probably look for a little extra speed when choosing a blender. Or for people who prefer ice-cold shakes, a high-power unit is recommended.
- A basic rule of thumb is the higher the wattage, the faster the speeds.
- Don’t ever go for a low-powered blender to make iced shakes because it might overheat and break at the workload. In general, for this heavy-duty task, you should invest in a 1000W unit or higher but if it’s for making shakes with milk and fresh fruits, a 300W is a perfect size.
Which Brands Make The Best Blenders For Protein Shakes?
- NutriBullet is a must to be added to the famous blender brands list, as it has over 20 years’ experience in this industry with over 40 million happy customers worldwide.
- Houseware industry can be tricky terrain to navigate but this Canada-based brand has quickly carved out a huge market share by highlighting its decently functional, innovative products. That makes it become one of the leaders in this section.
- This privately-owned brand was set up by the Barnard family in 1921, which means it has nearly 100 years’ history in manufacturing blenders. It is a reliable and trustworthy brand where every single product is backed by full warranties to give you the best value for your money.
Can you use a blender for protein shakes?
Is a higher watt blender better?
Yes, it is, especially if you want your protein shake to be the smoothest with the highest consistency. The higher the watt, the more powerful it is, which means it can blend more different foods for you.
How long does a blender last?
5 to 10 years, depending on the brand, materials, how often you use it, and maintenance.
Can you put ice in a blender?
As long as your blender is high-powered enough, it can crush ice.
Can you put hot liquid in a blender?
Hot liquids take risks of steaming and expanding in your blender, pushing its top off and causing a mess or even burn hazard.
If you want to use hot liquids in a blender, we suggest doing it in batches, from 1/3 to 1/2 full, loosen or remove the center cap from the lid of your blender if needed.
It’s the end of this article.
From the best blender for protein shakes with ice to the best portable models for go-getters, all have been provided here.
We hope it has been helpful to you. Thanks for reading!